Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Different examples in real life of knowledge


Chefs have different ways of cooking, they maybe didn't follow the recipe to the letter and may change it based on intuition to come up with what they think is the best result. Each chef has a particular way of cooking that represents for him or she the correct way based on what every individual knows as true and intuits as correct. So according to this example one of the chefs has altered the recipe because he or she knows is doing the correct thing to come up with the perfect dish.    
As an international student, community service is required as part of my integer formation, my school in Colombia has a project that supports a low-income elementary school in Cali. I am part of the project that is teaching the children the basis of english language. Each wednesday I teach a group of 30 kids of different ages. After each class I hear the thanks of all of the kids and I see the joy in their faces of learning something new. That feeling after every wednesday cannot be represented in words or symbols because is something that I have the privilege of having and many teenagers as myself don’t. It is a feeling that sometimes I take for granted and think all of my classmates have but they really don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment